Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

When I lived in Eugene, I had a friend and co-worker from Mexico. I'd always thought that Cinco de Mayo was something like our July 4, the Mexican Independence day. Diego told me that instead it was to celebrate a battle that Mexico won in a war that they ended up losing a year or so later.

Even though I'm not of Mexican descent, I love spicy food, so I always enjoy this day. We've been going out to La Isla Bonita, a local, non-chain restaurant on May 5 for a couple of years. They have some of the best guacamole that I've ever eaten.

My office is also having a lunch-time party, so I'll get a double dose.

On Thursday, I'm going to Ochoa Brothers with a friend from Serena, so hopefully, I'll have my fill of spicy Mexican food for the week. I love the variety of freshly made salsa that they have!

No comments: