Monday, January 28, 2008

Another layoff :-(

Last Tuesday, my job at Serena Software, along with those of all of the co-workers in my development group [plus our neighbors in the happy pod], was offshored to India. It was a total surprise--and a very unpleasant one. On Friday, I had a phone interview with a company in downtown Portland. It seemed to go well, but it is always hard to tell. Oh, well, God will take care of us.

On Friday, Joy and I drove up to Multnomah Falls to see them with the ice around. It was very pretty--but cold.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear. What product were you and your team developing? And, what in the world is the "happy pod"?

Rick Hale said...

I was working on the Version Manager team. The "happy pod" was what we called the group of cubes occupied by the team next to us.