Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year--2008!

I had a long stretch off over the holidays, but never got around to updating my blog.

For Christmas, our family got a Nintendo Wii. It came bundled with Wii Sports, and we also purchased Wii Play with an extra remote. John got The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii. We plan to buy Wii Fit when it is available here in the US. It is a lot of fun to play the sports games. Boxing, tennis, and baseball all make you work. After a round of boxing, I'm really sweating.

On Christmas, we drove up to Joy's sister's house in Vernonia. We could still see the high water mark on the houses from last months floods. We had a White Christmas for the first time in many years. It was lovely driving through the Coast Range with snowflakes falling and seeing the snow accumulating on the fir boughs!

Last weekend, we drove up to my parent's home in Glenoma, Washington. We had a lot of snow there, too. My folks are members of an RV club that has a swimming pool, sauna, and hot tub. It was neat to be swimming in a warm pool while looking out the window at the snow falling. I actually made a snow angel while just wearing my swimming suit! Brrrrrr!!!

New Years Eve, we celebrated with our good friends Les & Keri. We watched a couple of movies (I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry and Live Free or Die Hard), played with the Wii, and danced, before raising our goblets of Martinelli's sparkling cider.

Tonight, PAA will be playing the Clatskanie Tigers in basketball. Hopefully, the Cougars will start the year with a win.

No comments: