Wednesday, January 09, 2008

An up and down week

The last week has been full of ups and downs. Last Thursday, a car that I owned several years ago came back to haunt my finances. I managed to get a loan against my 401k to be able to make ends meet, but it was still a traumatic experience. I've been riding TriMet to save some money. It takes much longer to get to and from work, though.

The PAA girls lost badly against Clatskanie last Thursday. The Tigers played man-to-man defense and the Cougars didn't cope too well. On Saturday evening, the Cougar hosted the Rainier Columbians. They led for a while, but at the end of the game, the Columbians out played us. Last evening, PAA hosted the Oregon Episcopal School Aardvarks. The game was very close through the first 3 quarters; in fact, it was tied up at the half. The Cougars broke the game open in the 4th quarter with some very good passing and inside scoring by Hannah King, and ended up winning by about 10 points. OES had a girl who scored 6 three pointers. Tomorrow evening, the Cougars are playing at Warrenton High School against the Warriors. I won't be able to attend this game, but hopefully, we will win again. On Saturday evening, PAA is playing at Riverdale High School against the Mavericks. I'm sure the girls will be tired after all of these games.

The video card on my HP Pavilion dv9330us notebook died on Christmas day. After talking with tech support and trying their suggestions, it was sent out to get repaired on January 2. HP was very prompt in getting it fixed. I had it delivered back on Monday, January 7. They had to replace the mainboard. It is working fine, now. While it was down, I was using an old Dell PIII/550 [running Windows 2000]. That computer was top of the line and very fast 10 years ago, but now it seems as slow as molasses. I'm glad to have my notebook back!

No comments: