Monday, October 12, 2009

A Relaxing Weekend

--at least for me. Joy attended the Women of Faith conference, so she was gone most of the day Saturday. John & I just relaxed at home.

John tried to resurrect several old, dead computers by combining their parts, but was not successful. Now, he's interested in assembling his own desktop, using a barebone computer as a starting point.

I updated the operating system on my linux server to use Ubuntu 9.10 beta. There have been a few issues with the video driver for my Intel graphics device, but overall, I like 9.10 quite a bit. It is nice having the extra space the 80 gb drive gives me, too. I've installed a bunch of software that I would probably have just omitted with the much smaller 20 gb drive that was originally on the system.

Yesterday, we started a new eating plan. It should be interesting. Joy & I then went to the gym, where she beat me at racketball--yeah Joy!

The weather forecast is for rain to start this evening or tomorrow morning. Oh well, we had a good stretch of nice weather--and we don't want a drought, so I guess that I won't complain--too much... :-)

No comments: