Monday, October 19, 2009

A productive weekend

On Saturday, Joy and I went to a seminar at Rockwood SDA Church, Healing the Mind, presented by Dr. Timothy Jennings. He talked about how the mind and brain interact--the mind is the software and the brain is the hardware.

John had a sleepover birthday party on Saturday evening. Joy & I went to eat at Olive Garden--yummy Italian food.

Yesterday, I tried repairing a friend's computer. I think that it is having cooling issues. I cleaned out the dust and put new thermal compound between the CPU and the cooler, but it didn't help. I think that they are going to have to find a hardware geek to look at it.

I also setup Subversion on my linux box, to replace the CVS repository that I had running under Vista. It will be nice to have a central location for my source code, instead of manually synching it to several different devices.

I've been reading The Secret Sentry : the Untold History of the National Security Agency. It is interesting to read how the mistakes made in the 60s repeated themselves with the war against Iraq many years later.

No comments: