Thursday, August 27, 2009

Slow work computer

My computer at work has gotten very slow. Tasks that should take about 30 seconds took 30 minutes yesterday. I checked for spyware and nothing except cookies showed up. I ran a disk check on it last night, but that came back clean. I finally decided to look at the fragmentation level, and the hard drive was very fragmented. I'm now running a defrag on it; hopefully, that'll get it back into good shape.

We've been having some great weather here in Portland this week.

My parents stopped by yesterday. They gave us a couple of boxes of yellow plums and some vegetables. Yummy!

We had to talk with John last evening about his homework. Even though school has only been going for a couple of weeks, he's already missed several assignments. This weekend, I need to help him learn to use the organizer feature on his TI-84 calculator. He can then enter his assignments on it while still in class, making it less likely that he'll forget them.

No comments: