Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday, once again

It's Friday, August 21. The weather has cooled off; I'm so glad that it wasn't a long hot stretch look we endured a couple of weeks ago!

John had his first day of 10th grade yesterday. We reviewed some letters to parents that he brought for his Algebra II and Spanish I classes.

After buying John a TI-84 calculator for his Algebra class, I've been re-teaching myself how to use some of the more sophisticated features of my old HP-28S calculator. I still like using Reverse Polish Notation for solving problems on a calculator, so doing the normal computations is no problem. When I get a new phone, computer, etc., one of the first things that I look for and install is a calculator application that uses RPN. I have installed emulators for the HP-48SX calculator for both my computers (Emu48) and my phone (Droid48).

No comments: