Monday, August 17, 2009

Another hot week

We had a good weekend. Joy helped Joely to get her room painted. I got an old P4 box set up with XP Pro to use a print server and development test system, to replace a much older P3 box running Win2K.

PAA starts school on Thursday, so the kids need to get into school mode from their summer schedule. There is a get together this evening at PAA for their ESL students and their host families.

I've been researching prices on graphics calculators for John's Algebra II class. When I took that course and Trigonometry/Analytic Geometry, way back in the early 70s, I used a slide rule and trigonometry tables; calculators were just coming out. Our teacher brought in a magazine with an advertisement about the HP-35; we were all amazed by it and wished that we had a spare $400 or so to buy one. I still remember how to use my slide rule, but am glad that I don't have to use it all of the time. I have a HP-28S calculator from the late 80s that is older than John.

The temperature forecast for today through Wednesday is supposed to be in the 90s or possibly up to 100. I hope that it doesn't last!

No comments: