Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Week

It will be a short work week. For Thanksgiving, instead of our usual trip to visit with my Aunt & Uncle in Tillamook, we're going to Vernonia to visit Joy's sister Tammy and her family.

We'll come home on Thursday evening, so that Joy can get up to go Black Friday shopping. I don't envy her that! I don't deal well with crowds. I've done most of my Christmas shopping already just to avoid facing the mad rush of people.

Another big bank bailout happened, for Citigroup. I'm sure glad that I'm not going to be the president and have to figure out where the money for all of this is going to come from. Just the thought reminds me of the Onion announcement about Obama's election.

This weekend is the annual Civil War game between the University of Oregon and Oregon State. I'll be pulling for Oregon, obviously--go Ducks! The Beavers going to the Rose Bowl would be a good consolation prize if the Ducks were to lose on Saturday.

No comments: