Monday, December 01, 2008

December 2008 has begun

It was a nice 4 day weekend. On Thanksgiving, we went up Vernonia to Joy's sister's house. We had a relaxing meal and a good visit.

Friday, Joy and James left the house at 5:30 for Black Friday shopping. I went out at about 8 and was home by about 9:30, getting the last few items on my Christmas list. Friday afternoon, we went to see Four Christmases, a cute holiday movie.

Saturday, I had multimedia duty at church. That evening, I watched the Ducks blow out the Beavers 65 to 38 in the Civil War Game at Corvallis. Go Ducks! This was the 1st football game that I've watched in HD on our 42" Toshiba LCD TV. I'd periodically switch back to the regular definition picture and the difference was amazing.

Yesterday, I went to help put up Christmas decorations at church and then we put up our outside decorations at home. Our house looks very festive now.

Last evening, I went with my friends Les and John to see the latest James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace. We were all disappointed in the movie. There was lots of action, but little plot. It's like they are trying to convert James Bond into Jason Bourne, but without the plot that Bourne brings along with it.

I have only 14 more days to work this year. Then I have vacation and holidays, coming back to work on January 5, 2009.

No comments: