Monday, October 27, 2008

A lovely October weekend

We went up to my parents' house in Glenoma, Washington for the weekend. On Saturday afternoon, we took a drive up to see the new Jackson Visitor Center at Mount Rainier National Park. The fall colors, yellow, orange, and red contrasted nicely with the dark evergreen trees. Approaching the park, we ran into clouds and fog, but just before arriving at Paradise, we got above the clouds into sunshine, and blue sky, with the grandeur of Mt. Rainier looming above us.

We picked some pears and kiwis to have fresh fruit to eat.

Friday will be Halloween, probably my least favorite holiday of the year. Celebrating witches, ghosts, etc., just bothers me as a Christian. We'll just stay home with the outside lights turned off.

One week from tomorrow is election day. I'm so tired of the negative attack ads, so I'll be glad for it to end, though I know that I'll be glued to the TV on November 4, with my laptop active, watching the election returns. Hopefully, President Obama will be a refreshing change from the current occupant of the White House, but he'll have his hands full with the economy, wars, and foreign crises. I don't know why anyone would want the job!

No comments: