Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to work time.

We had a good Thanksgiving break. We ate lots of good food with the family.

Friday, Joy went out to do some Black Friday shopping. I stayed home near my computer so that I could give her directions to the stores--plus I avoided the crowds! Friday afternoon, we met Les & Keri to go see A Christmas Carol. Les & I want to go see it in 3-D sometime, but the ladies aren't interested in that, feeling a little queasy just from the 2-D version.

Saturday evening, we went to a ballroom dancing class. They were teaching the cha-cha-cha. The class was definitely targeted at people who'd been through other dancing classes. I felt very awkward. It was still fun, but I want to learn some basic steps at home (via youtube or DVDs before venturing out in public again!) After the dancing, we went to the Spaghetti Factory by the Willamette River for dinner. We split a vegetarian lasagna dish, reducing the cost--and the calories!

Yesterday, we put up our outside Christmas lights and decorations. Our house looks pretty with the bright lights and other Christmas figurines--snowmen, angels, reindeer, etc. Last evening, we did another movie with Les & Keri, Couples Retreat. The scenery from Bora Bora made us want to take our own couples retreat!

No comments: