Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

Eight years have passed since the tragic happenings on 9/11/2001. Our world has changed. America has much less freedom--to give us a sense of security. I was hoping that President Obama would restore some of the freedoms that were taken away by President Bush, but so far he is moving very slowly that direction, unfortunately.

The trillions of dollars that were spent in Iraq would have come in handy, here at home, with the recession that we're struggling with. I was definitely not a fan of Saddam Hussein, but felt then--and still feel now--that the economic boycott, etc., were working and should have been given more time. Also the "connection" between Iraq and the 9/11 terrorists has never been proven to my satisfaction, so that premise to invade still seems ludicrous. Oh well, I'll get off of my soap box.

Tomorrow, we're planning to go to the Oregon Zoo to see the new Predators of the Serengeti exhibit. On Sunday, we have a wedding reception to attend and then on Sunday evening, we're going to ComedySportz with John's Spanish I class.

No comments: