Tuesday, September 02, 2008

September is here--August is gone

It was a quiet Labor Day weekend at home. We worked on organizing the garage, relaxed, and watched movies.

Friday evening, we watched Doctor Zhivago. It's been many years since I've seen it, so it was somewhat different than I remembered.

On Sunday evening, we went to Mt. Hood Theatre with our friends Les and Keri to watch a double feature, Hancock and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Both were fun, if not exactly Oscar contenders.

Yesterday afternoon, we watched Airplane and The Italian Job on DVD. We've gotten several of these older movies recently at bargain prices.

I'm glad that Hurricane Gustav has turned out to be less destructive than it could have been, but I still feel sorry for people that have lost their home and possessions due to it. After Katrina, I'd have been moving to higher ground, myself!

We've been keeping up pretty good in our diet and workout regimen, going to the gym almost every day, even if just for the swimming pool and sauna.

No comments: