Monday, August 18, 2008

Another hot stretch in Portland

For the last week (until this morning, actually), it has been pretty hot for Portland. Thursday through Saturday all got to 103 degrees Fahrenheit here. Yesterday it was about 90. Finally, today is much cooler, only in the 70s. On Saturday we went over to the coast to beat the heat. It was foggy and drizzly right at the beach, but that felt good after the hot temperatures here. The worst part was the traffic. It seemed like everyone from the valley had gone over the coast range to join us in escaping the heat!

Joy just got the news about a new job that she is going to be starting this Thursday. Her previous job at PAES ended due to insufficient children in her classroom. At Mt. Tabor, she'll be getting more hours plus benefits, a double blessing. Also, her primary job will be watching babies, her favorite age group.

We've been paying attention to Michael Phelps record run of gold medals at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, China. Pretty awesome. I can't even imagine eating 12000 calories a day! He doesn't look like he has an ounce of fat on his body. Maybe I need to start swimming.

Yesterday, I had a Dr. Who marathon with my friend John. I record several episodes on my DVR and then we watch them together a couple of times a year. The last few shows were some of the best that I've ever watched.

No comments: