Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A great weekend--and now rain

On Saturday, we went on a very nice drive up the Columbia River Gorge with our friends Les & Keri. The temperature was in the 60s and the sky and river were very blue. We saw wild flowers and waterfalls and mountains. The only problem I had was that I couldn't walk to see some of the waterfalls, so I had to stay close to the car. Oh well, at least I'm not still on crutches. A photograph from the trip. That evening, we watched The Ugly Truth with them, a funny movie.

By Monday, the weather had turned back to more normal Oregon weather, cloudy, rainy and cool. There was actually some snow on the hilltops for the first time since December.

I've pretty much settled on buying a Nikon D5000 DSLR camera. The reviews on it are very good and the price is significantly lower than the Canon I was looking at, especially with an instant rebate available through the end of March.

No comments: